Tuesday, August 4, 2015

GenCon 2015

Well, it has been quite the weekend. I came, I saw, I bought, and I worked. GenCon was everything people have told me and more. I am so very glad I was able to work this event. I had a great time looking at costumes, costume supplies, cards, trying out games (and buying some of them), hanging with friends, and meeting new people. If you go make sure your shoulders are made of steel because you will have to fight your way through the crowds. Also, don’t get up and go downstairs in your hotel until at least 10am. Otherwise you will be stuck stopping on every floor on your way to the lobby. Thank you everyone who made this such a special weekend. I got to see Summer Glau, meet Marina Sirtis and get a photo. I saw Margaret Weiss and Tracy Hickman, which were total surprises. Both were very humble, gracious, and kind. Tracy Hickman was so nice I nearly cried.





I have to say, Indianapolis is a nice city. It has a lot of open spaces for walking, bike paths, and other public interest and attractions. If it wasn’t a Monday I would have gone to the Indianapolis Art Museum. Right now I am sitting in a wonderful juice bar, having a great smoothie called ‘The Jam’ and enjoying some air conditioning. I am about to embark back to the hotel (about a 2 mile walk), pick up my suitcase and be incredibly lazy and take a taxi to my bus stop. This has been a great weekend and though there were some ups and downs in my mood, I was able to over come them and enjoy myself.


I bought a ring this weekend. It has a message that is good for me to remember.


No comments: